Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Food effects everything in the nation

           Meals play an important part to my family. Food can either make the family join together or segregate. I live with my mother and little sister. My mother is British but was raised in Trinidad & Tobago. My mother loves Trinidadian food and so does my little sister. Unlike them I prefer American food. My mother has a variety of multicultural meals she makes. she sometimes contributes her past religion (Muslim) with her and my father’s nationalities to synthesize them into a combination of deliciousness. For example, she would make Yellow rice with red beans and stew chicken with potatoes.(a mixture of Spanish and Trinidadian food),she’s never cooks pork because she grew up in a Muslim family, although she isn’t Muslim anymore she still doesn’t eat pork. When I was younger she never made pork  or allowed us to eat it so growing up I wasn’t a big fan of pork and still am. 
        Where we eat depends on what we are eating. Usually at 6pm my family gets together and eats at the dining room table, however if I don’t like the food, I’m not going to eat with them. My mother know what I like and what I don’t like, she knows if I don’t like what she cooks ill either make my own food or just go without food that night. Every night my mom cooks chicken feet I yell at her and tell her she’s selfish because I HATE chicken feet. the simple fact they don’t have a lot of meat on them and the thought of the filth in between their toes grosses me out. chicken feet always bring controversy our household because I refuse to eat that disgusting food with them.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Food is also very important to my family and i.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story, I hate chicken feet too

    ReplyDelete